Driver Intervention Programming
72-Hour DIP Program • Chemical Dependency Counseling • Remedial Driving Course
Ohio State has mandatory sentencing for individuals convicted of OVI or DUI. If an individual is convicted of a first offense OVI or DUI, there is a minimum mandatory jail sentence of 3 days. The Court can also allow you to participate in a 72-hour/3 day, Driver Intervention Program (DIP) instead as long as it is completed in a state approved program.
Your Alternative to Incarceration
Advanced Recovery Services provides a 3-day alternative to incarceration DIP program that includes education, screening, and assessment. Contact us for pricing and ask about our customized programs.
72-Hour DIP Program (Before or After Conviction):
- A 72-hour residential program certified by the State of Ohio.
- Provides assessment, testing, educational services, group and individual counseling, intervention, and recommendations.
- Offered as an alternative to incarceration for those arrested for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or any drug of abuse.
- The purpose is to provide intervention services mandated by the legal system for DUI offenders.
- It helps members recognize the seriousness of a DUI and the need to stop drinking and driving.
- The program accomplishes this through education and referral services.
- The goal is to help reduce the amount of DUI cases in the community by promoting safety through education.